122 Center Street | Downtown Grayslake | IL
Looking for a workspace where you can set up your own shop?
Want to work alongside the best creatives in Lake County?
How about a cool space to meet your clients in a historic building?
Oh, and have an outlet to sell your products?!
You’ve come to the right place!
Blacksmith & Co. will be the areas go to spot for a curated line of home gifts. But what’s even better is that we will serve as a collective workspace for an exclusive number of creative businesses!
We are now accepting applications for our collective workspace. We are looking for artisan businesses who create handmade wares you can’t find just anywhere. From paper goods to floral design, fiber artists to jewelry and beyond, we are super pumped to rent the space you need to grow! 24/7 access to YOUR space, a place to host events and workshops, a shop keep to train on your goods, a team of businesses to network and market with, prime downtown Grayslake retail space – those are just a couple of perks!
- Monthly Rent includes permanent work space, retail storefront sales area, all utilities (including water, gas, electric, garbage/recycling, security camera system, wifi + main shop landline number), client meeting space, kitchenette, shoppe employee.
- We will create a lease for each tenant (that includes a credit and background check to make sure no one is crazy!). The minimum lease we will offer will be 1 year. All rents will be the same for each tenant – no negotiations or different terms for each business. It’s only fair that everyone has the same opportunities.
- You can be in the space as much or as little as you like – any day or time, 24/7! It is your space to work, we just set some general keep it tidy, polite, and professional rules for everyone to co-exist harmoniously. Remember, the more you invest in being there, the more you get out of it!
- Exterior Signage – we will have allocated exterior signage for each business.
- Designated web page on blacksmithshoppe.com – this will be your own page with professional photos and information linking to your personal website.
- Advertising/marketing opportunities on blacksmithshoppe.com, email newsletter, social media – have a workshop coming up or a promotion? Send us the info and we will share it!
- Networking/collaborating with your other collective members! This will be huge in creating an amazing environment and really bouncing off of each other!
- Community area/staging area for client and business meetings.
- Access to host workshops and events as often as you like. Charge what you like as part of your business model, all income is yours, with no additional fee from us! Of course, we will promote them for you as well.
- Quarterly small business training workshops – just for you!
- Shopkeep/staff member to train as much as you like to sell your goods! The more you train the shoppe manager, the more she can sell your stuff!
- Max of 4 businesses will share the space with no overlap of goods. Exclusivity is pretty important to us!
- We will have a calendar so you can coordinate monthly meetings with each other, workshops, client meeting times, etc.
- We will be installing a tracking keypad lock on the door and each renter will have a code for entering.
Please fill out the form below and we will reply back within 72 hours to schedule a time to meet with you in the space to see if you are the perfect fit.
This is a juried process. We will accept all inquiries, but extend lease offers to those who will create a cohesive, yet exclusive, environment for all involved.
Minimum lease term will be one year.
Workspace artisans may move in immediately upon lease signing.
No food or beverage businesses.
Must play nice with others.